NBA Celebrity Game
-Training with high school basketball star Shareef O’Neal really paid off for Quavo. The famous rapper apart of The Migos left Los Angeles as the 2018 Celebrity game MVP after scoring 19 points on 7-10 shooting, five rebounds, and three assists. NBA 2KTV host
-Rachel DeMita showed off that she’s got some basketball skills scoring 17 points in the game.
– Three time Olympic medalist and Canadian sprinter Andre DeGrasse could have been MVP with 17 points, six rebounds, and four steals.
NBA Rising Stars Challenge
– Team World defeated Team USA 155-124. Team World’s bench had a great game scoring a total of 71 points.
-Shooting Guard from the Sacramento Kings Bogdan Bogdanovic won MVP after coming off the bench and scoring 26 points, four rebounds, and six assists.
– Boston Celtics shooting guard Jaylen Brown had himself a game scoring 35 points, 10 rebounds, and one assist.
– Denver Nuggets point guard Jamal Murray put up a nice stat line with 21 points, seven assists, and six rebounds.
– Philadelphia 76ers point guard Ben Simmons racked up 13 assists and four steals.
NBA Skills Challenge
Nobody had Spencer Dinwiddie bringing home the title in this event. Credit to him, he created the biggest headline the Nets had all year. Although if my man KP was there, I think it would be a different story. The biggest takeaway from this event is Lauri Markkanen. I didn’t realize how athletic he was. I’m sure Kristaps aand Lauri will face off in years to come.
NBA Three Point Contest
– Phoenix Suns star shooting guard Devin Booker scored 19 points in the first round which tied for the lead with Klay Thompson. In the second round Thompson scored 25 points but when Booker got his chance, he dropped 28 points and walked away the 2018 Three Point Contest Champion.
NBA Dunk Contest
Utah Jazz’s electrifying rookie Donovan Mitchell took home this years crown. Mitchell was a replacement for Aaron Gordon and was not originally selected. I honestly feel like this years contest wasn’t that good. A lot of the dunks we have seen before. Victor Oladipo had a chance to do something really special. If he pulled out his black panther mask on his first dunk that he missed and converted, it would be remembered for a decade. He couldn’t see the hoop regardless so it would have been perfect to bring out the mask. I loved the dunks the contestants did during their practice. None of them did any that I saw on the video which was a shame. You should check it out on youtube if you have not seen it. (2018 Dunk Contest practice) Lastly, Larry Nance Jr’s last dunk was sick and Dennis Smith Jr. has a lot more to bring then he showed. I give the event a C-.
NBA All Star Game
Well, I think the pre game festivities were more memorable then the events during the game. Fergie’s national anthem will be remembered for a long time, and Kevin Hart hopefully won’t be doing the intros again. One thing to take away from this game is the players effort level. They contested a lot more shots and brought more physicality. Team LeBron got the dub with him claiming MVP, it will be interesting to see the draft televised next year.